The first thing you want to focus on is doing a better job of closing your leads. In the next email next week, I’ll will go into detail more for you. Take more time on your sales calls and make sure you’re maximizing every lead you run.
Each week for the next five weeks I’ll be emailing you a deep dive of five strategies. But for now, you can see the outline below. This way you will know what’s coming and be ready for it.
Focusing on closing leads while you’re at the house- If you don’t your competition will. I realize not everybody can do that. But while you’re going back to the office to work up your estimate, your largest competitor who is optimized his estimating process is swopping in and taking the sale because he has the ability to provide on-the-spot pricing, and asking for the sale, while you’re still looking for your calculator.
3 ways to close more on the spot
- Slow Down – be more thorough treat every lead like it’s the most important lead you have. If you don’t have enough leads, treat each sales call as if it’s life or death. I don’t mean to be dramatic, but I do mean to emphasis the importance of being all in on every call.
The way to shorten your sales cycle is to lengthen your sales call.
This concept we teach in our Client Centric Selling Sales Training Courses. By slowing down, asking better questions. Digging into the answers you get; will help you understand better what your customer is looking for.
Show them What they Want Most is What You Do Best
Seek first to understand what the customer is looking for in a painting contractor. Show them (don’t tell them) that what they really want is exactly the things you do very well.
- Sales Skills are a must. Read books take training- practice your presentation.
It’s shocking how many contractors don’t invest in training from experts. Sales is the main thing. Here is a list of benefits of being able to sell skillfully and successfully.
Being skilled sales means.
- You sell on value not price.
- You have higher gross margins.
- You have enough money to invest in what you need to grow your business
- You have more money to invest in lead generations
- You make more money- have better equipment.
- You can afford to pay your people more therefore better painters and higher retention.
I could go on and on. But remember this.
The Main thing is the main thing.
- Offer incentives to buy now – Preferred customer discounts.
I don’t believe in discounting price to close sales. However, there are certain times of the year, or circumstances you need to rethink your position. If you’re going to discount it’s important to have a good reason.
- Early booking discount.
- Preferred customer discount
- Bogo or Bogo 50’s buy one get one 50% off
- Sales with discount incentives and deadlines
Million and one ways to position a discount. Your only limitation is your imagination. Check mailers or other trades who offer discounts and sales, you’ll see hundred- and one-way s to position a discount.
My best advice. Learn to sell value so you don’t need to discount.
That is the first of the five ways you can get your sales rolling when the phone stops ringing.
Next week I’ll cover Strategy # 2 We will look at some ways to improve your follow up.
The Fortune is in the Follow-up. Don’t miss it.
Don’t forget to watch ‘3 Ways to Close On the Spot’ and ‘Tim Taylor of Taylor Painting Crushing his goals’